The Robertson family...
Note: It is believed that William Robertson was originally William Sands and changed his name to Robertson. Tracing this man back would lead to the West Indies...
Records show Wreck Sound, which may mean modern day Rock Sound.
Rock Sound -- Located in South Eleuthera, in the Bahamas. Rock Sound opens onto Exuma Sound and is located to the south of Tarpum Bay. The town is at least 2 centuries old, and it has many old-fashioned homes with picket fences out front. Once notorious for wreckers who lured ships ashore with false beacons, it used to be known as "Wreck Sound."
Rock Sound, click to enlarge.
- born 1787
- married in ______ , to Marie Beaver (born _____ )
- from a record dated 1813: William Robertson 26, carpenter, born in the West Indies, no wife or children
- from a record dated 1819: Petition for land near Barrahead from William Robertson, born at "Wreck Sound", West Indies, is 25 years old and has lived five years in Cape Breton. He is married and has one child. Received a plot of 230.
- children :
- Peter Robertson
- born 1829
- married in 1852, to Rebecca Dugas (born ______ , daughter of ___________ and ____________ )
- 1861 census, name only, with mention of 3 males, 4 females, 7 total (down through daughter Phyllis Rebecca), Richmond County, polling district 5
- 1861 full page, the Robertson entry is line 20 on the same page with Sylvester and Peter Tibot on lines 31 and 32
- 1871 census, Peter is 41, Anne is absent while all other children are there (except not-yet-born Adele), Peter and son William are blacksmiths
- 1881 census, kids have moved out since the 1871 census, younger children now shown, some 15 in all
- 1891 census, mechanical family, Peter and son Andrew are blacksmiths, son George is a submarine diver
- 1891 census: only Peter, George and Andrew have indicators of being able to read and write (not the mother or the others)
- children :
- Marguerite ("Maggie") Robertson
- Phyllis Rebecca Robertson
- Elizabeth Monique Robertson
- born 1862
- age 7 on 1871 census
- Anne Basilisse ("Annie") Robertson
- born July 25, 1863, baptized August 10, 1863
- Anne not shown on 1871 census, she would be age 8
- Anne shown here on 1881 census, age 19
- married John Antoine Pius Thibeau
- (follow this link for many more details)
- Annie Robertson died August 10, 1917. (Born in 1863, she was 54.)
- John Antoine Pius Thibeau died March 27, 1923, at age 64.
- Angeline Robertson
- born 1865
- age 5 on 1871 census
- George Amie Robertson
- born 1868
- "submarine diver" on 1891 census
- Andrew Celestin Robertson
- born 1870
- blacksmith on 1891 census
- Adele Robertson
- born 1871
- appears with the father and mother and siblings on the 1891 census, age 19
- Adele was a nun.
- Adele was Theresa Burke's godmother.
- Marie Charlotte Robertson
- Rebecca Dugas died in 1908.
- Peter Robertson died in 1909.
- William Robertson died _____ .
Follow this link to see more details about River Bourgeois families in the 19th century.
How this family connects...
The generations to present include :
William ROBERTSON / Marie BEAVER
Peter ROBERTSON / Rebecca DUGAS
John Antoine Pius THIBEAU / Annie ROBERTSON
Abraham Alfred Damien BURKE / Ellen Jane THIBEAU
Alfred Thomas Burton LONGHURST / Theresa Mary BURKE
This file last modified 8/23/2023...
: Home :